Certificate in Biomedical Maintenance
(NSDA Approved Course; Job Role No: 2019/HLT/AMTZ/3576)
As per the training modules at the end of the training, the candidate would be certified to perform following activities –
- To perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of medical equipments, laboratory equipments and systems.
- Provide technical assistance and instructions on operation and maintenance of medical equipment to clinicians and technicians.
- Contribute expertise to develop medical maintenance in standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate technical specifications to identify equipment and systems best suited for intended use and possible purchase based on specifications.
- Study technical manuals and attend training sessions provided by equipment manufacturers to maintain current knowledge.
- Keep records of new equipments, inspections, maintenance, repair, and required updates of medical equipment.
For Technician:Diploma in in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field, with 2 years of experience.
For Engineers: B. E / B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field, with 2 years of experience.
- Healthcare Technology Problem Solving and Troubleshooting
- Healthcare Safety & Standards
- NABH & NABL Accreditation
- Facilities / General Management
- Radiation Safety
To see the thematic areas of modules click here
If candidate has qualified in any module, he /she can take assessment in new modules and get “Skill Certificate Approved by NSDA”.
The “Certificate in Biomedical Maintenance” program designed for mid-level professionals of “Senior Biomedical Engineer / Senior Biomedical Technician”. Qualified learners will work in mid-level career in the hospital. They need to perform maintenance of various medical equipment’s including basic and advance level, such as X-Ray, CT- Scan, MRI, Ultrasound, Gamma Camera and etc. Also, they need to perform administrative duties including evaluate of technical specifications and purchase of equipment or spares. Also need knowledge on computers and software to keep records of new equipment’s, inspections, maintenance, repair and required updates of medical equipment.