Certificate in Biomedical Manufacturing
(NSDA Approved Course; Job Role No: 2019/HLT/AMTZ/3577)
The objective of this training program is to develop a pool of workforce which can be employed by focuses on the acquisition of skills necessary to develop manufacturing processes and support production activities.
As per the training modules at the end of the training, the candidate would be certified to perform following activities –
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Document all manufacturing criteria, calculations performed, and decisions made.
- Implement process innovation, process development and improvement in terms of cost reduction and increase efficiencies on the production line.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, train, supervise, and manage production line workers by educating employees on proper methods in which to operate and engage with machinery.
- Responsible for quality assurance of production, train, supervise and manage production line staff. Educate employees on proper methods in which to operate and engage with machinery.
For Diploma candidates: Diploma in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field, with 3 years of experience in biomedical field.
For Engineers: B. E / B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field, with 2 years of experience in biomedical field.
- Operations Management Functions and Strategies
- Product Development, Testing, Evaluation, & Modification
- Manufacture & Assembly (Design and process)
- Materials Handling and Inventory Management
- Service Delivery Management
To see the thematic areas of modules click here
If candidate has qualified in any module, he /she can take assessment in new modules and get “Skill Certificate Approved by NSDA”.
The “Certificate in Biomedical Manufacturing” program designed for mid-level professionals of “Production Engineer”. These professionals implement and automate processes – as well as provide technical support – related to the production of medical devices and/or devices’ parts. These professional must ensure manufacturing processes are as effective and efficient as possible, making sure that products meet all quality standards and customer expectations. They work with their colleagues – including other engineers, manufacturing supervisors and others – to resolve issues on the manufacturing floor in a timely manner. Additionally, these production engineers must document all potential and enacted process improvements, as well as write project reports and status updates as needed.