The Indian Bio medical skill consortium certifies Indian and international bio medical engineers based on their Experience, Competency and Qualification levels. The certified bio medical engineers will be highly preferred to practice profession in bio medical field and also get equivalence certification to work abroad. Initially more than 2 lac bio medical engineers from India will be benefited by this proposal and expecting 6,500 or more fresh graduates to get benefited from this platform every year.
Mode of Application: Online
Examination Pattern : Objective
Number of questions in each module :
Time Duration for 1 Module: 90 Minutes
- Minimum 60% in each module is required to qualify the exam.
- If any candidate has not qualified any module he/she can take re-exam in that module/modules.
- Three modules count as 1 unit, total 5 units for 15 modules.
- Every 3 years candidates need to apply for certification renewal.
- Candidate can gain bonus point by Continuous Professional Development(CPD) assessments.
Experience, Competency and Qualification (E,C,Q) Equivalence
|Experience||Corresponding Points||Competency||Corresponding Points||Qualification||Corresponding Points|
|<3 years||1||3 Modules||1||Diploma||1|
|<6 years||2||6 Modules||2||B.E./ B. Tech||2|
|< 9 years||3||9 Modules||3||M.E. /M. Tech||3|
|< 12 years||4||12 Modules||4||PhD||4|
|More than 15 years||5||15 Modules||5||Post-Doctoral||5|
In the evaluation process:
- Experience: For every 3 years of experience is considered as 1 point, maximum 5 points for more than 15 years of experience.
- Competency: Qualifying in every 3 modules is considered as 1point, maximum 5 points for 15 modules.
- Qualification : For Diploma its 1, and post-doctoral its 5 as given in the table above.
|Experience Corresponding Points||Competency Corresponding Points||Qualification Corresponding Points||Projected Score|
Technology Competency Score(TCS)
TCS will be used to estimate the competency levels.
|(EXCXQ) Score||TCS Level|
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT(CPD)
CPD refers to the process of tracking and documenting the skills , knowledge and experience that one can gain both formally and informally. It is a record of what candidates experience, learn and then apply. This process helps candidate record, review and reflect on what he/she learns and also helps to increase their professional networks. CPD is a continuous process to maintain technical competence, retain/enhance effectiveness in the workplace and serve the professional community at large.
Register for the IBSC Assessment
The computer-base test is offered year round, and you can register online.